Down to the Wire!

CSD were called to a Leisure Centre in Sussex that had discovered a potential Health and Safety problem in their main swimming pool.

Failed grouting on the pool floor had led to an area of mosaic tiles de-bonding. As a result, the exposed screed came under attack by chlorine in the water – turning the concrete to sand. The resulting screed corrosion was so extensive that an area of wire mesh beneath was completely exposed. To add to matters, the central sump grille frame had also become exposed posing a far greater entrapment risk for swimmers!

Exposed wire mesh and sump grille frame

Exposed wire mesh and sump grille frame

Thorough remedial work was needed not only to make the pool safe, but to prevent further water ingress and degradation of the pool floor. If the problem had been left unattended, the water ingress could have spread to a much larger area, with an associated increase in repair costs – an example of how regular pool inspections are good for your customers and your budget.

Re-tiled and made safe.

Re-tiled and made safe.

Advertisements