Top Tip – HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) – A Fitting Solution!
As our top tip this month we have decided to focus on the benefit of using an HDPE product in your pool.
HDPE is a polyethylene thermoplastic made from petroleum. It is sometimes called “alkathene” or “polythene” when used for pipes. With a high strength-to-density ratio, HDPE is used in the production of plastic bottles, corrosion-resistant piping, plastic lumber and plastic panelling and tiling. HDPE is commonly recycled, and has the number “2” as its resin identification code (formerly known as recycling symbol).
HDPE is resistant to many different solvents and has a wide variety of applications which makes it perfect for use in swimming pools.
The advantages of using HDPE over other materials:-
- Non corrosive – HDPE is chemical resistant
- Has a long life – resists wear and is abrasion resistant
- Does not sustain bacterial growth.
- Easy to clean
- User-friendly – warmer to the touch than tiles
- Durable and robust – is virtually unbreakable.
- Wide variety of colour available.
CSD use HDPE to fabricate a wide range of pool fitting including:
- Deck level pool grating
- Protection of pool walls i.e. when used as striker plates for pool ladders
- Replace sections of finger grip tiles
- All types of safety grilles including anti vortex grilles
- HDPE lighting fascia covers
- Ladder treads
- Anti slip panelling
- Manhole covers
CSD use HDPE panels and tiles on a regular basis to save our clients both money and time.
Contact us now to see how this durable and long lasting material can benefit your pool